FUJIFILM is known to be a very innovative camera developer always listening to their customers – Us Photographers.
If you could send them a wish list of new or modified features of our favourite X-cameras. What would you like to see in a future model ?
Here’s my personal X-series camera wish list:
Right now, I am totally happy with the X-Pro2 but there’s always room for improvement, am I right?
- Dedicated Fine Art Photography Firmware to transform the camera into a X-Pro Monochrome. No color film simulations, instead maybe another black and white film simulation (FP 100c silk, FP 3000B professional, Neopan 1600 and if I might dream the Agfa Scala or something really close to it). In addition the possibility to store custom film simulations, where all the already existing parameters like “shadow”, “highlight”, “grain” and color filters can be saved giving the own creation a nice name.
- Less is more – no more Advanced filters
- No video. For me and many other X-Pro Shooters this camera is a still camera
- Possibility to insert the Photographers’ name in the .exif data of the image files
- later maybe even with a X-Trans-monochrome sensor
Taking pretty much all the nice new features out of the X-Pro2 and packing them in the new T-model …
- X-Pro2 (or better) Processor
- X-Pro2 sensor (24 MP X-Trans III)
- X-Pro2 Focus-Point selector “joystick”
- Dual SD card slot
- shutter up to 1/8000 and 1/250 synch speed
- 4k video
That would be the first medium format FUJIFILM X-series camera and simply a “blown up” version of the actual X-100T. I would be the first one to order this model – For FUJIFILM it could be a good indicator if the market wants a camera like this. Release date? Why not summer 2018?
- 6×4,5 or 6×9 (?) medium format X-Trans sensor (around 50 MP)
- fixed focal length lens (55 oder 80mm)
- wide angle and tele conversion lenses
Having the X-Pro series as medium format interchangeable lens system. Wow, how cool would that be? The lenses are actually already there. As we know, FUJINON is the provider of lenses for Hasselblad. All experiences gained from the X-200 would make the step to a full MF system not a dramatic one. As we all know the X-200 would sell like crazy, the management in Japan will decide to present it to the public during Photokina 2020.
Please feel free to comment and add your ideas, concepts and wishes !